Sanctuary

We had an amazing day yesterday at Sanctuary Covenant Church. The place was full - we are averaging now about 50 + per week. Yesterday we had over 55! Sanctuary is becoming just that - a Sanctuary for people to go to...to be accepted to be loved to be cared for. A place where God is waiting for them.
We also had our very first ever baby dedication at Sanctuary. It was such a great time...the family was there...the community was there...all gathered around this small little child...praying...it was church... it was community... it was great. It's amazing to see what God has been doing at this new church in Edmonton. The people He has brought in...the amazing stories we are hearing and sharing with one another.
It is such a blessing to be a part of this story.
Ger spoke spoke this Sunday too...he is such an amazing person.
He has been so encouraging and uplifting
He has such a gift of pastoring.
He speaks from the heart and soul and yesterday was no exception.
Our challenge was 3 fold...
come
listen
follow
Come to Christ, listen to His words and follow Him and obey...pretty simply eh...
The one sentence that stuck out in my mind was ...'you know whats in the root by the fruit'
I was thinking ya...for sure...what comes out of my mouth is in my heart...ugh...really challenging...
So the last 24 hours I have been analyzing my thinking and processing and asking myself - where IS
that coming from. It is so good to hear the Word...and then to follow into living it out...or try to....
God is good.
It has been a journey these last 5 months out here in Edmonton working as Sanctuary's associate pastor.
I have a month  left there and wonder what else God will do...So much to tell and share that is happening already! Of course the bigger question on my mind...is what is next for Mike and I??
God is good.
It's hard when you leave something you love to do and leave people you care about so much...but God provided a good place for me for a few months to figure things out ... to grow more...to trust Him more...to realize that He is in charge and He is always always always working in our lives.
I leave equipped to do more. I leave equipped to seek out God in a new way. I leave equipped to follow my talents and passions with gusto!
God is good.

Comments

Popular Posts