Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day
As I was growing up, my focus was on my Mom
I am sure I made her many 'handmade' cards and
funny paper, clay, glue like objects for her to
keep or wear. I think some macaroni was in there too.
When I got married - my hopes and dreams of becoming
a Mother to my own child was crushed with difficulties
and suffering.
The last 15 years of celebrating Mothers day was focused on
celebrating my mother - which is right and good.
It kept me in a right frame of mind.
I have a wonderful mom - who showed me what hard work
was all about. A mother that cares and who I care for.
A mother to be celebrated.
As I think of this coming up Mother's Day - I will call my Mom
to wish her a wonderful day - to tell her I love her and miss her.
To tell her I am bringing her present at the end of the month - it
is much to delicate to send in the mail and I want to see her face as
she opens this gift that I especially picked out for her for this difficult year.
She will be busy working in the restaurant on Mother's Day- as it is the busiest day
of the year for sure. So she won't get to celebrate that night,
but I know my sister will do something for her that day.  
I have been thinking of many Mom's lately - who have dealt with heartache
and pain and suffering. Mom's in my community here, and far away.
Currently I am reading a most indescribable book. It's not for the faint of heart at all.
"Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother" by Xinran
These are stores of Mother's - powerful stories of the lives of Chinese women.
Their heart wrenching accounts of devastation that is out of their hands.
My heart aches as I read these true stories.
I pray for them and their pain and their lost baby girls.


This year Mother's Day will be different for me.
After 15 years of waiting to see if we will be parents...

We have a daughter

And my mom will have a granddaughter

Mother's Day Will Never Be The Same

Well I guess it's time...
We announce the big announcement
Baby makes Three
Yup...China called...after 7 years (8 if you count the paper work and stuff)
Years of heartache...trying different things...loss...disappointment and did I
mention a million years of waiting for our own child
WELL it's over
We are leaving for China July 5th
That's only 55 days away
To pick up our long awaited precious girl
Ya...it's a crazy life
A life of trusting in God and His timing.

Obviously more to come ;)

Comments

  1. That's beautiful and exciting Natasha!

    I got choked up when I got to the words, "We have a daughter."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then, Happy Mothers Day Natasha.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay oh yay oh yay!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts