I will Survive...I will not Die... with Food...Dance...and Music!

I thought this morning as I woke up...I am going to sit on my deck. I don't care if there is 2 feet of snow it's March 25 and I want to sit outside. So I tried. I sat out there and decided I am pushing it. Anyone driving by may think I have finally lost it. So I went inside and grabbed my cook book.
I've been doing alot of cooking lately. I mean I am always cooking, but I have been doing special meals...new recipes...a few nights ago I made sweet and sour meatballs with garlic mashed whipped potatoes - it was so delishious...I tried this new french recipe...from who else but Julia Child...I have been loving going through her book and picking out new and amazing tasty recipes...this one was a chicken recipe with a cream sauce that you would die for. It has a cool name too...Fondue De Poulet A La Creme - How cool is that! I just love saying that!
I feel cooking is my way of expressing the 'artistic side of me' ... when I put the meal on the plate and it looks so pretty I really consider it art...I can't help but take a picture...and then when you taste it....(if it's a success lol...) well...it's like a party in your mouth...
I think I have been cooking more and using new unique recipes that I find to help me through these dreary days...These last few weeks of dreary weather can make anyone go into a mild state of  depression and well just plan hibernate and never come out...the last 4 days we must have gotten over 12 - 15 cm of snow its very wintry out here on these supposedly spring days...I do believe spring was suppose to arrive right?
I feel the tension in the air...from many...there is sadness...a sense of wanting to just give up...a sense of 'snow again' ugh...the sky's are grey...it just keeps hanging on and on...then we need to shovel and wear our many layers of coats and still put on our boots...sigh...Oh I know...things could be SO much more worse...trust me I know...but some days...just the little things can be just about enough...you  know what I mean?
But I am trying to live in the .... 'Sunday's Coming' attitude...things will turn around...the sun will shine...it will get warm...I will drive to Edmonton NOT in a snow storm...I am trying to stay positive! And cooking is one way I take my focus off the 'blah' and on to...a more delish alternative...refocusing is the key I think....God has given me this passion for food and cooking and I am using it to my full advantage...trying to bring some sunshine into our house...with a hot plate of meat balls or risotto or something yummy....
It usually works as we sit down to dinner...with a glass of wine and enjoy the meal together. For an hour or so...there is sunshine.
I also decided I haven't spent much time with my friends out here...it's been a bit tough as we are always in Edmonton...so I want to do a dinner party ...
Today I am pouring through the recipes books and wondering what I can try on some of my dear friends...
because it wouldn't be a party...without a 'new' dish....to serve - right...
And you can't cook without music...so...I am also enjoying some very fun 70's music...oh my brings back some pretty crazy fun memories...
this song came on 'I will survive' and that is the attitude - I will survive...because there is much living left to do...much cooking to do...much of ALOT of things to do!
God is so good...we just need to move into a place of  living in the joy that He wants us to be in!
So...find that joy...what are you eager to try...do it...change up your routine...your day...even if you are stuck in the house...what can you do that is going to make the day fun...drawing, knitting, sewing, cooking, painting....so many things to try...maybe you don't like 70's music...but I am sure you like some kind of music...just see how that changes your mood! and DANCE to it...you will see what I am talking about! I like to dance in my living room when a really good song comes on...I do apologize to my neighbours as they drive by...but next time ... stop in and dance with me!! You will see how your mood changes when you dance...so that's it for me...dancing, cooking, music, - it's all good!
So...I guess my deck sitting will have to wait...for now...
Back to my search...I am looking at Jamie Oliver's cook book (Jamie's Italy) I am thinking ...
pasta al forno con pomdoir e mozzarella and for dessert - tiramisu veloce - dinner anyone?
"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:11-12

Comments

  1. You look great, sitting all bundled up on your deck! I like your attitude of surviving. It's like mine these days, right? I am so looking forward to hanging out with you in Ontario - I was thinking that would be a nice reprieve from this weather, except it hasn't been much different there either. Maybe by the time we get there it will be...

    Keep your head up! (And keep cooking. I wish I lived close enough to be invited...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to have you as my wife! This winter seems to be neverending, and with your fabulous cooking I find my belt holes are too! Keep dancing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts