How

Last night a significant sentence jumped out at me during our Esther small group study.
"I am responsible for WHAT I am asked by God - Not HOW...that's His job"
He will work out the How...
This is really bothering me ... I am such a how person... I need to know the how...will things play out.
I don't even know how...to live into that... How do we change that perception that we need to know the 'how' ...
I think it's about letting go...of control...really...isnt' it...and TRUST...Trusting God that He will indeed work it out...
He will indeed make it happen in His timing...His way...His out come...
Trusting and submitting to God...that He indeed is in control.
It really releases alot of pressure - and just stress...doesn't it?
That is what I am working on this week....letting go of the HOW...if you have any thoughts  on this...please share...
Praying that we all live into 'letting Go...so God can work it out..."

Comments

  1. You're doing a study on Esther too? How cool. I'm doing one at our high school with our Sr. Highers. It's been good. And I like your point - I've been amazed at Esther's willingness and ability to just have faith and follow, not knowing how things are going to work out. I may share some of your thoughts with our students this week. Thanks for your challenge to just obey, and not worry about the 'how'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it's all about my relationship with Him...when I'm spending quality time with Him every day...reading, learning, listening, being...it's so much easier to trust Him with the 'how'. But...when I neglect my relationship with Him, I don't trust Him with the 'how'...I try to do it myself and wonder why it isn't working, I become angry, frustrated, fearful, anxious...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts