We need the Mountain Tops to get us through the valleys

Last weekend...
6 of us adults...or that's what we like to call ourselves...volunteered to take 18 students to
YC Alberta 2012.
It's a very large - this year it was about 14,00 students - Christian Conference for students.
Mike and I have been doing this for 15 years. I finally counted right...15  years...we have either gone or promoted...YC.
We started out in Regina - driving 8 or 9 or 15 hours in a mini van or 15 passenger van...
It's really a crazy time.
Concerts, Speakers, games, sessions, food, More Concerts, Speakers, games, sessions, food...
It like 45 hours straight ... non stop...stuff.
It's great! :)
It's what we call a 'spiritual high'
yup
saying it like it is
We all run around buzzed on Jesus.
It's great. Or lack of sleep...anyways...
We get pumped to hear the message the speakers have for us
We get pumped when Kutless comes on stage
Or when Thousand Foot Krutch, or Red,
Or The Devil Wears Prada, or Tim Hughes
Or Leeland or or or...it's endless...
We all stand up at one point or another to once again...recommit ourselves to live a
life that we are called to...


This year personally one of the speakers really got to me...
her name - Danielle Strickland and she is from Edmonton.
I LOVE IT WHEN THEY BRING IN A LOCAL!
She is an officer at the Salvation Army - has 3 kids and just had a child 5 weeks ago...
Go super MOM...
She is a huge advocate for  Social Justice and leads the
Canadian arm of Stop The Traffik organization.

Yes...I really enjoyed her and what she had to say to us.
She reminded me of who I was and what I care about
and that It's time to get busy and start moving again.

Most of the kids have stopped eating chocolate that is not fair trade...gotta love that.

I enjoy going to these conferences or any
conference for that matter.
We need these really cool - high - kinda experiences
 so when we go through our
junk - we can remember the good stuff.
We need to recommit every once in a while...
because really...I think we forget.
That's how I am wired anyways.
I'm not saying that our faith is based
on our emotions at all
but I am saying we are emotional...and sometimes...
I'm just saying that sometimes...
we need that extra push...
I know the kids get it...they come home and are still so excited ... and then my job is to try
to continue to help them on their journey so they don't forget their commitments and their
passionate weekend that they just had.
Life isn't always fun and easy and sometimes 
things get really weird and
relationships get hard and life circumstances are confusing and the list is endless
not only for kids but for adults too.
It's not an easy free ride - in this world...
So sometimes...it's good to take out a slotted time...and go get juiced up on Jesus...to help us remember who HE is in our life...what HE has done in our life...
Not saying things will be just A OK...nope...just saying - it may be easier to get through.

So, when you are in the Valley - remember a time you were on that Mountain Top.


Comments

Popular Posts