We are planting a tree

Wow...who hasn't had a month of stuff...
Whatever your month was...we all have them.
It just doesnt end - the stuff
You know what I mean?

For me it's been this last month...it's been a tough one...

Mother's Day , then my dad's birthday, then my mom's birthday then Father's day...
then throw in our new daughter's birthday and my brother in laws birthday...
All in the span of 30 days.
We all usually try to celebrate together...as a family...
family looks different now...
Emotion overdrive. More tears than joy this month for sure.
And to top it off...we received some news that just is way too
 hard to handle and comprehend.
There was other stuff that happened this month - good stuff -
Just last few days have been more
about the bad stuff

But we are entering into a new month. And that is a good thing.
 New
Hope
 Something other than this
Last night - I sat outside where my dad use to bring the
motor home up every year and cried. Alot.
Just miss him and what was.
Today was a better day. Well better than yesterday.

Tonight I just signed up to be a Compassion International Advocate. Yup.
Just cause I thought I didn't have enough to do
China in 17 days and bringing home a baby
and staring a counselling practice
But this made sense to me. Advocating for orphans. Yup - it will work.

Also today we decided we are going to plant a tree in honour of my dad.
We are planting it right by  where he would park his motor home.
I can look out my kitchen window and see it.
I can sit on the deck and see it.
I can lay in my hammock and see it.
It will be perfect.
I want a big tree.
A strong tree.
A tree that can withstand anything.
I want a tree that will flower like crazy in the spring bringing new life and
a sense of hope.
We are planting a tree.
It's a new month. And that is a good thing.

With each day we grow stronger and stronger


"Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with  clean hands will grow stronger"
Job 17:9


Comments

Popular Posts