Happy first birthday little Hana

Happy 1st Birthday Hana We love you!

We had a birthday party for our little girl who is not here yet
It seemed like a good idea at the time
The party was a hit
Most of her new Little friends came
The parents came too and we had a great time
eating cake, making bubbles, sitting on the deck
 and jumping on the trampoline
My friends were too kind...and Hana received many amazing
fun gifts for her new room and her new life here with us
I love to celebrate and I thought if I celebrate anything or anyone Hana should be celebrated...
we needed to celebrate this gift that God has given to us -
a precious little girl - waiting for us in China

After the party - and into the next day -
a sadness came over me...
A sadness that something wasn't right.
And some of my old fears started to creep up...
what ifs...
Are you familiar with What if...
What if something goes wrong...
What if something happens to her before we come...
What if she doesn't like us...
What if someone changes their mind in China
and we don't get her...
What if...
You see It's easier to shelter yourself - protect your emotions
if you don't allow yourself to enter into the excitement
you wont get as disappointed
It's easier not to do things that could hurt
To be numb 
Yes - Easier...but then we may miss
the harvest God has in store for us
How could I not celebrate Hana?
How could I not do this...
I'm already attached - they say that happens - it starts with you as soon as you
get matched - you get her picture...
I tried not to let that happen...
But it was too late
She is amazing already to me
And I already love her so much I can't stand it
My heart is changing - I am getting more excited
I am trying to let go of the fears...and I am trying to live into
the excitement...of holding my baby girl

I am starting to trust again 

God is showing us grace and healing

God is restoring our souls

What ifs...
What if this will be the most amazing journey of our life...
Now that is a better ... what if...

'He will hold all the pieces of your life together'

"God is our refuge and strength an even present help in trouble...The Lord almighty is with us"
Psalm 46:1,7

Comments

  1. You are such a mother already and that's awesome!! I had and still have many of those same fears and questions when Ryan was on his way. Life is so much more scary now that you have something to lose but that just means it's totally worth it. God is good and will always be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts