The Mom Quilt

There are many moments that I can recall in the last five months or so that have been significant in my life, but I can honesty say that being accepted as one of the contributors in the upcoming book, The Mom Quilt, is one of the highlights. No matter if my story was going to be accepted or not, I was already a supporter of The Mercy House project. Its something I am passionate about and now to be a party of the bigger picture, to actually help contribute this way, is pretty amazing.
 
Lately,  I have been silent, silent on my blog and in life about sharing experiences, silent about the first few years of being a mom, just silent. Being vulnerable comes with a price and I was not sure if I wanted to pay that price. 

And now, I have come to the realization that being silent does not help anyone. We need to share our stories, we need to support each other, we need each other more than ever in this world. There are days that are dark, and lonely and hard and we need to be honest about that. We need to let others know they are not alone.
 
This book is about being a support to women all over the world. The stories in this book are women's stories of their lives, being vulnerable in sharing and wanting to help others in the journey. All the proceeds of the book with go to the Mercy House in Kenya to help support in building a well for the house. The books is in EBook format and will hopefully will come out in hard copy once we raise $40,000 for the project.

Below you will find the link to sign up for the book. The book will become available on August 10th.

I encourage you all to be a part of the story as we raise funds for amazing project.

And most importantly, I encourage you to share your own story with someone.

Be vulnerable.

You never know who will need to hear it.





http://www.beautythroughimperfection.com/the-mom-quilt-well/


 

Comments

Popular Posts