It's A New Day

My last few days have been less than desirable to say the least...2 funerals within 24 hours and our dog ran away.  There was a sense of loss all around us. My thought was God, there is so much pain. So much pain to bear today...Why God?...so much loss for families...so much unknown for some of us. I am comforted in knowing that God does know...He knows our pain...He knows our loss...He does comfort in the most unusual way...at times. At times where we may least expect it. God is there. He promises us in Matthew5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted..." In Psalm 23 "Even though I walk through the darkest valley I will fear no evil for you are with me ; your rod and your staff, they comfort me"  God is there to comfort in our most darkest hour. And what I learned this past week is that God does take care of even the smallest detail of our life. Our dog came back. Loss is a part of this world. It's hard and unfair and sometimes the pain is so deep...but God cares and He is there to comfort us in our time of need. There is no detail that God does not know about. He knows everything that we need...He is there to comfort...we can take comfort in knowing that truth.
I started my new call today in my new church in Edmonton. I had a fantastic day. We were able to share and dream and just be able to see where God is leading us. My call is to pastor college & career individuals. It's going to be an amazing journey. God is there...He knows everything that we need in our new church.
I now enter into a week of preparing to officiate a wedding on Saturday...that will include some rehearsal and spending time with them...so excited about their amazing day! God knows everything that this couple needs.
I am also putting on a Ladies Chocolate Social Night...How fun is that...I will set up my Chocolate fountain and let the calories pour in! That's my fun food for the week! God knows we too need some R n R!
So brothers and sisters be blest in knowing that God is there to comfort and take care of us in every detail of our life...He knows everything that we need. Have a God fill week.

Comments

Popular Posts