Change

Yesterday at Sanctuary was a God filled Day. We had 69 people walk through our door to help us celebrate the fact that we had been there a year! (not I but where they moved to)  There was also some celebration of some of the ministry that we had done this summer. I have only been there 21 days but it seems like it has been so much longer than that. 21 days is seeming like an eternity now...so much change has happened in the  last few weeks in our lives. Change ... that is what I have been thinking about the last few days. We say change is good...yet we are so resistant to change...some of us anyway. Life looks different for Mike and I now. Yes, we are still in our community - we still have amazing friends and neighbours...but now my focus is this large community in the city ... as their young adults pastor, as their care/counselling pastor and their communication go to person...way in the north end...our Sunday's are different ... our drive is longer...we need to get up earlier...(seriously not a good thing for me...)...our new connections ...they too are different.
How do we cope with all this change? So many go through change in their life...having children, raising them then - them leaving home. Health changes...spouse changes...home changes...community changes...career changes...the list is endless of change. How do we cope...that is my question today...
I guess for me...it's about trust. Trusting that God is in control of the change...trusting that He will provide for me what I need to get through that change. But that is hard for some of us who like to know what is unfolding before them. Seeking God out in the  middle of change is what I need to concentrate on . Psalm 2:12 says "I am blessed because I seek refuge and put my trust in the Lord." I am blessed...which means...happy fortunate...to be envied...lets be envied ...  because we do indeed trust our Lord...and put our trust in Him no  matter what the change is in our life...Let's live into this Hope that we have...
So this week...as I enter yet another change...33 days till Christmas...change of season...yes...I have my Christmas music on...my Christmas Starbucks coffee in my hand...change...bring it on!
Trust in the Lord for your change in your life...Be envied brothers and sisters in Christ!

Comments

  1. Change is hard, but usually good. Sometimes our perspective has a lot to do with it being good. Sometimes I have to choose to believe that a change is good, because it feels so far in the other direction. Bad. The most important thing for me to remember has been that in spite of whatever change and how much change is happening, God is in control, and will remain faithful to me, his child, through it all. Mysteriously, this makes it a lot easier. You may need to remind me that I said this in a few months though...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts