It's a Monday

Well my first week at Sanctuary started off really well. Monday all of us, 3 pastors, met at Starbucks for a staff meeting. Yes, i was thinking this is good, yes...life is awesome...and my new GPS got me there with NO problems...how cool is that...my coffee was strong, the music was good and the company was awesome. ...then ended up at Subway to finish off our meeting. I was starting to think that I will like this traveling meeting idea. We prayed and talked and prayed alot...trying to discern where to go from here and how. A  new church plant or church  idea is always so interesting and we wonder how on earth all this will come together, but God is so amazing in what HE puts together, we just need to remember it's about God and not us. And the outcome is already predestined, right...whether the church will be there in a year or not...we don't know...But God does...So we need to just go in it - being assured that God is there and not be poisoned by insecurity.
Yup you guessed it..what I was dealing with this week was insecurity, it was all around me.   I have come to the place in my life where I realize that insecurity will kill what God is trying to do. Being scared and nervous is one thing - I think there is almost an element of 'ok' in being that...as God uses that to Glorify Him,  but being insecure in who you are in Christ will make you think and do things that are not of God. It's just a fact...Once we live in insecurity we tend to fall into traps of 'I am not good enough' , and traps of "listening to the remarks of other"s that do not belong in our lives. (It is so funny how much stock we put into what other people think of us. We know that we will always have someone who will say something that will not make us happy...it's just the nature of humans and life here on earth ... yet we are so eager to hang on to what others think and say about us, and forget what God says about us...should that not cancel out what others think..is that not more important? )
God's plan for our lives is to live in Him...to have His strength and His assurance ... not to live in someone else's shadow and self doubt. The Lord is our light and our salvation Whom shall I fear? Psalm 27. We have no one to fear, we have no words to fear...God is our light...In Philippians 4:13 we have the promise that we can do everything "I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power." We can do everything with God's strength and power...we have no  need to be insecure. God designed us the way we are...He made us in His eyes we are perfect...I love Romans 8:28 "I am assured and know that all things work together and are for good to and for me because I love God and I am called according to His design and purpose." We are called for His purpose...how cool is that...
This past Sunday was my first Sunday at Sanctuary- I spoke on God's grace and the redeeming story of the women at the well...How God meets us - makes that divine appointment with us...He loves us that much. It was a good Sunday...My insecurities did creep up...but as I sit here this morning with my coffee contemplating what happened yesterday..God was there...HE WAS SO THERE...That is what He is saying to me this morning...I was there Natasha...Don't you worry or fret about anything...So as we all go through this week...with all of our stuff - whatever that may be...whether it will be a hard week...easy...or not sure...be assured that God is there with you...loving you as you are...be secured in His power and love...and remember God wants you live a life of freedom not bondage...be who He created you to be in Him...even if you have to remind yourself 100 times this week...You are precious in His eyes...you are precious in His eyes...there is nothing to be insecure about in that...Peace to you.

Comments

Popular Posts