Healing

Well another week has past and my journey as a pastor in the city is looking a bit more clearer and with more details. It's a good thing...to know what you are doing and what you are a part of. This past Sunday  we had a few people out at Sanctuary for Sunday Morning worship and there was someone new! God was there. God is there always...He actually is the one in charge - no matter how much we think we are. No matter how much we think things through and organize...HE IS THERE...in control. Not us...it's never about us.
What I have been thinking about his week is Healing...I have been a bit under the weather...just things going on and it seems like it's taking forever to get over things...2 weeks ago my body decided to sprout a cold sore...and I have been nursing this thing on my lip for a while now it seems...it's healing yes...but it is taking so long...I was doing a bit of research on why this happens...at the most inconvenient time...and low and behold - stress, lack of sleep, not taking care of yourself...low immune system..a fever within the body manifesting itself outside...a different way of being sick....and on and on it goes...hmmm...no wonder it's taking forever to heal, no wonder...
It's no different really in our daily life when it comes to things we deal with...we take a while to heal...from all kinds of things...because we don't take the time to take care of ourselves. Our wounds go unnoticed for a long time sometimes and then something happens and our body reacts or minds or souls...Taking care of the issues we deal with become less important because they are too painful to look at.
But there is another way...God wants us to go to Him. In Psalm 30:2 the Word teaches us "I cry out to the Lord and He heals me" Psalm 107:20 "He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction"
Healing can look different for many. We all come to a place in our life where we need healing...sometimes it just takes so long. What I learned this week is that my body is screaming for me to slow down and rest. Go to bed early, eat right and take care of myself. To spend time with Him in prayer - to be honest with myself in how I am feeling. We all need a wake up call sometime. This was mine as little as it was, it was mine.
Just a small reminder that God is in control and is taking care of me, Even if I have to endure a bit of pain and go through healing a bit slower than I want...He is reminding me to slow down and be with Him. It' a good thing.
We all have such busy lives...why?  What is so important? those are the questions that I am asking myself. Is not a healthy relationship with my Lord and Savior the most important thing? Why get sick over the mundane things in life that seem to take over and make us sick and take forever to heal from? Just a question for me these last few weeks...
I am now going to finish up what I need to do today...then I am going to make a wonderful homemade potato cheese soup with some fresh bread for supper. I am healing.
Blessings on you as you find time to heal...from your wounds.
 " He heals my broken heart and binds up my wounds" Psalm 147:3 God is Good.

Comments

Popular Posts