We have to let go

I am involved in too many things.

Have you ever said that to yourself?
Sometimes when we are doing many things...
it can be a huge distraction to the ONE thing
you are suppose to be doing.

We have to let go.

I'm not gonna blog about the things I am involed in...
we are all busy...we all have things we are doing
but I am going to say it's too many for me.
And as I processes 'next' for me
or why I am not moving into the 'next'
I am realizing that many of the things I am doing
do not line up with where I want to be going.
Or the things that I am doing...I have not 'let go'
Becuase they are comfortable...
Do you know what I mean?
Do you find yourself involved in 4 or five things
 that don't make sense now in your life...
yes maybe at one time...you said yes
and it was OK...but now...what about now...
Are you working a job that does not fit your passions and
even your character or personality.
You just are doing it because it's there.
Yes, for sure sometimes a job has things you need to do
that you are not fond of ...
 but I am talking a about the job in itself. The WHOLE job...
I don't know?
 Maybe I am just thinking about Lent too...
In my Jr. High Girls Bible study
 we had this conversation about letting go of our many things
we hang on to...for what ever reason...
and I am taking it one step further.
Living out our lives with simplicity...
not only with our 'stuff' but what we do
I guess I am feeling ...I want to be involved
 but it needs to make sense to me...
or....
maybe what I was involed in...as good and amazing as it was once
Is not for me anymore
When things don't make sense...things need to be evaluated.
I am feeling things are not making sense anymore.
Why am doing what I am doing?
What do I want to live into
NOW...
the tough task is to let go...of the things that don't somehow line up
with what I am being called into NOW...
Seasons change...go figure...
That's where I am at...in the hopes to make my life a bit more simplified and purposeful.
My dad...always said...if you can't do it all
do what is important to you.
Letting go...it's hard...
when you are not sure where or what 'next' is
But you will never know what 'next' is...
if you don't let go...

Comments

Popular Posts