Need to do Something...

Two weeks ago... we had our friends from Haiti come stay with us. They are the missionaries that we were blest to get to know while in Haiti.  They were on tour ... I guess one can say...going from church to church - visiting and sharing what is happening at the clinic, and also a bit of vacation time.
It was so great to see them. Great in many ways for sure...sharing our life here with them...yet at the same time so sad. It had reminded me that I fully have not debriefed from our experience. The memories came flooding back and I was also reminded how quickly we all fell into our own little world again.
I remember standing in my kitchen - being annoyed that my fridge is full - and I could not get the juice jug in there...all the while they are standing in my kitchen - looking at me as if  'are you serious...' and rightly so...(really, I don't know if they were thinking "are you serious"...but I would be...)

I was reminded in a flash...about their fridge - small little 'bar' fridge - that probably 5 out of the 7 days does not have any power - to keep things cool as the state power is probably off again...
Not sure how we are suppose to feel when we return from a place like Haiti...All I know is that I got pretty busy - getting into my life without even blinking an eye.
It makes me sad. Did I make any changes? Did I even absorb anything? I feel like I can't remember anything from the trip - and it makes me sad.  I know some of it has to do with the fact that I rushed into my job at the camp - yet ... I feel it's not suppose to be this way.
I feel that things should have mattered more. I feel that changes should have been made. I feel that I don't want to forget my experience and feelings that I had in Haiti.
I guess it is hard when you don't even know what you want to remember or what changes you even want to make, all I know is that I want to do something with all of this.

Comments

Popular Posts