It was Awesome

...Our Valentines Dinner...that is...My beef Bourguignonne turned out amazing - if I do say so...I think I am getting the hang of this French cooking...Thanks Julia Child! The beef was so tender...it took a whole bottle of red wine...and wow was the dish filled with flavor that really made your mouth water...It took a while...to prepare and have things done right...but man it was worth it. I had a fabulous day...preparing it and just hanging out in my kitchen...creating...I had forgotten how much I actually love doing that. Cooking...how fun it is to create something new and exciting to try...I can't wait to cook that again... and invite some friends over to share...
I suggest we all find something that fulfills us..that makes us smile...it was a great day!
We ended up watching P.S. I love you last night...not necessarily the best Valentine movie...well it was romantic...but so sad... It got me thinking what I would do - if I lost Mike...how sad I would be...I know we know that he would be with  Jesus...but man the hurt still stays on here...anyways...as funny as some parts are...the movie was sad...and I cried a lot...
But we did have a great night together... I was remembering our past Valentine dates...we always try to make it special...going out...celebrating...plays...concerts...dinners...or a wonderful meal at home...
I would say the most memorable one for me...were our 2 times that we spent Valentines in Ecuador...how cool is that...those memories don't go away...We had so much fun...experiencing another country...the roses and really spending time with each other - and a whole group of other people!
It's fun to celebrate and just enjoy an evening set aside for each other. It's important to do that, to make time for one another and care for one another. You don't need Valentines Day for that...but hey if we can get in an extra day of the year to celebrate - why not...
Here's to date nights and Valentines Day!
Blessings...

Comments

Popular Posts