Part 1

Two weeks have gone by very fast. I have been contemplating life...and thinking things through probably a bit too much...or maybe not enough... I have recently just returned from Midwinter in Chicago. It's a week long conference for our denomination - where pastors from all over meet up and connect, refresh and learn.  It was a great time. I have had the privilege of meeting with many and having a wonderful time at it. There is much to share with each other.
During my week away I read a book. ...'little princes' by Conor Grennan. It changed my life. It is changing my life. I don't know why. It's not like I didn't know what I read. That these things were happening. Human Trafficking is happening all over the world...It's more about me ~ us (Mike and I) and our life and what we are being called to do. It's more about our pull to 'do something'. For me... personally I don't think there is a time in my life where I 'step away' from 'doing'. Doing may look different...at different times...but ... we were made to live into our faith...it takes action to 'live' into it. I really believe that. I know there is about 'being' but I am about 'doing'. That is what makes me alive - what keeps me going - what makes sense in my life. That is a huge realization that came upon me in the last few days. It is not a bad thing to want to 'do'. I was trying to live into 'being' and as much as that is refreshing and soul searching and a part of who some of us may be...I am more refreshed when I 'do'. There may have been a time when I was doing...to prove something...doing to be accepted...doing to make a point...but honestly...I don't need to prove anything anymore.
This has led me to a recent realization... I am not done. All that I/we have been 'doing' has led up to this next phase in our life. I guess you can say we had an 'ahhh' moment that will unfold in the next year or so. You  know one of those moments...that makes your heart stop...your eyes tear up and your whole life flash before you...the moment you know nothing will ever be the same. The moment you realize that God is in charge...He is leading and guiding...He has a plan... God wired us - each of us with gifts and talents and a Call... each of us ... it's finding that fit...finding the right Call on our lives...the right 'ah' moment...when you know everything will be just right...everything makes sense...that moment. My call to be a pastor...has a plan..my work as a youth pastor...has a plan...my work at Sanctuary...in Edmonton has a plan...
Those moments are hard...because it's about being honest with yourself. It's about not necessary listening to everyone...and everything but trying to listen to God...and what He has for us. Don't get me wrong...people are important - and they mean well...and care...people who care for us in our lives want what is best for us...but sometimes what is best for us isn't necessarily what God wants for us...of course God wants the best for us...He loves us...but He may have a different plan...one that is maybe not as comfortable...easy...and right in front of our eyes...sometimes things get muddled...you know what I mean...all  of a sudden...there are too many options ... too many ideas...it's muddled...So then we need to step back...and listen ... discern what God has in store for us...His will ... His plans...His Call...His way...Then things become clear. It may seem harder...impossible actually...but it's from God...and then you realize...'ah' ok...
I have peace today. A real sense of peace. Truly from God...It's a good day...
Part 2 next week...Church or Developing Community Centre? hmm...

Comments

Popular Posts