Firsts Are Hard

I always tell people I counsel - write it out...get your feelings out...
I guess today...I am writing it out for my self...

The first of everything after a loss is devastatingly hard.
I know many can agree...many have gone through loss...

It's our first Easter without dad
On the 9th Dad's been gone 3 months
Seems like a million years
 My mom is coming here to visit for Easter - without dad
Everything about this seems so wrong
So unfair
It doesn't even feel like Easter
I don't even feel like celebrating Easter
Last few days I have been a big mess...Today is a very bad day
I am feeling angry, sad, hurt, betrayed, lost, lonely...
and feeling like no one gets it
How can they? It's my loss
These emotions seems to just creep up on you

Easter was always such a fun and special time for us growing up
It always had to do with lots of food!
Great food...
my dad's smoked ham, smokies, Hungarian sausage
my mom's 'hren' , potica ...
Church, new dress, special tea,
family and friends around the table

This year it just feels so lonely
I'm trying to focus on what Easter is all about
I know what it's all about...I just preached it to the girls on Wednesday...
greatest day on earth for us believers...
THIS IS IT
This is what our faith is all about!
 Jesus dying on the cross for us...then coming back!
from the dead...all for us ~ our sins...
we have an amazing Savior!
But to tell you the truth I am just lost this year
I know the truth...but I feel lost

My heart aches.
My body aches.

And I can't imagine my mom - how she aches
I will do my best to be strong...to be brave...
to share the Good News...

but like all of us...at one time or another
I need prayer

The first of everything after a loss...sucks

Comments

  1. Thanks for your honesty, Natasha. Your courage to face this, not hide from it, let alone share it with us is amazing. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts