I choose the Story of Jesus

As I leave the building the words echo in my mind...
          " I miss my dad..."
      Where is he I ask...
          " In another city, I only see him every once in a while...
     My parents divorced a year ago...
           And I miss him
     They never had fights really...
     But when they got a divorce it was like watermelon being sliced in half
         You cant put it back together."
He is 10. And I was stunned by how he explained this situation to me...stunned and sad.
My heart bleeds for them. All of them.
I am sad as families struggle to make sense of what life should be. 
I am sad for the kids. 
For the families...For the circumstances...
This last month...since I got home, I have been busy. 
Busy with mentoring, counselling and walking alongside many who are broken. 
Mostly students and families.
Sometimes it's overwhelming because I can't help them.
Their stories are so tough, sad, broken...
But I am reminded today...they need another story.
Not my story...or their friends ...
They need the story of Jesus.
 A story of  Faith, Hope and Love. A story of Healing...
Grace...Forgiveness...Mercy...
A story that is so much more...
than what we can ever hope for or we could every give each other.
I don't think things will get easier...
I do know I will be doing this forever...walking along side people.
It's my heartbeat.
But I know I am not alone...and it's not my story I am sharing with them.
It's the story of Jesus Christ through me.
We all need another Story...
It may not change our circumstance...
But
I
KNOW
IT
WILL
GIVE
ME
HOPE
I choose the story of Jesus.
Who's Story are you going to choose?


Jeremiah 29:11   "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Proverbs 23:18   "There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

1 Corinthians 13:13  "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love…"

Comments

Popular Posts