Thoughts on My first Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day
 
There are so many thoughts and emotions that I am encountering as the day approaches.
Over the years some Mother's Day's have been very painful for me.
And Some have been amazing.
 
I know many can relate.
 
This Mother's Day I am amazed.
God has fulfilled a dream that I have had since I can remember.

I have always wanted a big family. Eight kids is what I wanted.
Yup I thought eight was a good number.
But that was not in the plan. Not God's plan.
After dealing with infertility due to Lupus,
losing potential adopted babies and having a miscarriage,
I figured having children was just not in the plan.
 
What was in the plan...
 
Celebrating my Wonderful Mother!
Honoring who she is and all that she does for me. After suddenly losing my dad almost a year and half ago, I have become closer to my mom. She is a strong woman who no matter what, really tries to be positive in it all. She supports me in what I do and is there for me the best way she knows how.
 That is a great example to me.
 
Celebrating my Mother-in-law and other wonderful women in my life!
I was blest with a wonderful mother-in-law in my life.
Mike's mom was a gentle soul who never said an unkind word about anyone.
I learned much from her and miss her dearly.
 I have also been blest by many wise women in my life who have been a part of my journey and have walked along side of me at different times in my life.
 And that too has been such a blessing, and I celebrate that.  
 
Having students in my life!
I may not have had eight kids, but God had a better plan. Lots of youth kids over the years! I have loved them and took care of them the best way I knew how! And they have provided me with such joy and a glimpse of what it could look like to have eight (eighty) kids! I am honored to have walked along side such wonderful students and look forward to seeing them all grow and love Jesus. I appreciate and thank all the parents who have allowed me to be a part of their kids lives that way. What an honor. I pray Hana will have many people who can walk along side her, in her walk in life.
 
Waiting on Hana!
Who would have thought, that I would actually become a mom to a little girl a million miles away.
All those years God has been preparing my heart to love bigger than I would have ever imagined.
Years ago we started to pray for our girl and I guess to be honest, we just never really gave up.
Right up to the call we got, my heart did not want to let go of the fact that we may not have a child to love and raise and honor God.
We knew God had a plan, we just had to wait for His perfect timing.
And after almost a year of bringing Hana home,
The best and hardest year of my life (that is another blog)
I can say today
 
IT WAS IN HIS PERFECT TIME
 
Life may not turn out how we plan. But God always has a better plan.
We need to remember that.
 
Today I sit with MY DAUGHTER - a day away from Mother's Day.
My life will never  be the same. I will never celebrate this day the same.
I will still honor and celebrate my mom, whom I love dearly.
The wise women who are in my life and
I will still be blest by all the youth in my life that God has allowed me to be a part of.
 
BUT
 
Tomorrow I will wake up at 6am to the sounds of a sweet little voice shouting at the top of her little lungs from her room across the hall
 
MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MAMAAAAAAAAH!
 
 
 
The best wake up call EVER
 
How cool is that  
 
So I want to encourage you all , don't give up. God has a plan.
It may not look like what you want.
It is better. Trust me.
As hard as what that may look like and as painful as that may be, Trust in Him.
Don't lose Hope. God loves you and can use the most painful circumstances in our lives to build character and a deeper relationship with Him.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all who give their hearts to children.
Whatever that may look like.

Comments

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts