Crazy Love

I just finished reading this crazy little book...
called Crazy Love...by Francis Chan...
It has challenged me to no end.
It really has...I am not sure what to do with it all.
I am trying to unpack it...trying to process it...
trying to comprehend it...
Do you ever have one of those days?weeks?Months?
I don't know...it feels like that for me.
One of the first things I read...
"to just read the Bible...attend church and avoid BIG sins...is this passionate, wholehearted love for God? "(Francois Fenelon, The Seeking Heart)
um...no...I guess not...
And then the question...
"Has your relationship with God actually changed the way you live?"
um...I HOPE so...
And then this whole chapter on how God gave His BEST ... not just little...bits and pieces...
He didn't give us His leftovers...what are we giving...
AM I GIVING MY BEST...
my first...my everything...or am I saving that for ME...??
I thought I was giving my best...?
then to go into a whole book about being lukewarm....ugh...what is THAT?
"Lukewarm people do not live by faith;their lives are structured so they never have to.
They don't have to trust God if something unexpected happens-they have their savings...their retirement...fridges full...they have their lives mapped out, good health...The truth is, their lives wouldn't look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God."
WHAT...? Well I like my fridge full...seriously if you know me...my fridge is BEYOND full...
I have not idea what to do with that...
And my life mapped out...I am kinda of fan of that...
And the biggest question this crazy book threw at me...
"Is This what I want to be doing when Christ comes back"
Well NO not right NOW I'm just sitting here in my PJ's - smurfs PJ's to be exact!
I have been praying and thinking and trying to reason out all my reasons why I need a full fridge.
And I am still not sure of what my answers are.
Just saying its a great read...but not if you want to stay comfortable...I am uncomfortable ... and trying to
see what God is wanting from me next.
I found his sermon...on this lukewarm...situation...it's an interesting listen.

Comments

  1. It's pretty brutal, huh? I read that chapter and had to leave the whole book for about a month after, just to get my head around it a little... Probably should reread it too - I think I've forgotten some. It hurts, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts