So many questions...

This past weekend  I ran across some interesting people.
The interesting parts where the questions they were asking me...
Once people find out I am a pastor - it's like there is this weird door that opens - no matter where the setting is...and it's confession time, pouring out  heart time, question time...well that's what happens to me anyways.
Some of the questions and  conversations with different people that were thrown my way...
1. God doesn't exist - my life sucks - I tried church - for a while - then my life got worse , I lost my job I have no life .... God does not exist.
2. Why did my husband kill himself...1 week before He did - He went to church - and then 7 days later shot himself in the head - why didn't God stop Him? Where is he now my husband?
3. My life is a mess - I don't think God could possible exist or care about me.
4. My friend was part of this great church - then her husband cheated on her and she divorced him, then the church stopped caring about her and shunned her. Why would I go to a church like that?
5. My life is amazing - so awesome - without God...why should I live any other way? I am doing what I want with who I want and when I want. You should try it - don't be so stuck on God. (seriously)
6. You cannot tell me that there is only 'one' way...one 'God' ... you think you are better than the rest...
And the night went on and on like that.
I tried to have some answers - that people would get - some were easier to answer than others - some I could not even begin to explore...
I went home feeling very sad. I feel still sad. There are so many people out there - hurting and feeling like they have nowhere to turn to - or noone to turn to.
That is not the truth. I may  not know all the answers ... no one can ... But God does exist and He does care. There are things in life that really 'suck' I sure get that...and it's sad to see people just exist in that world, that sucky world... I know God wants a better life for us.
Praying for all the hurting people who are out there seeking 'healing' in such unhealthy ways. Praying for those that have the questions that are hard to answer...that God will comfort them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts