Snow Day

This past week has been all about postponing and cancelling, well the end of the week was anyways and into this week. We had a snow storm of some sort sail in...all mighty and powerful. The winds were strong and the snow was wet which made it impossible to drive, or should have. The roads were icy for the most part. And if it wasn't icy there were snow drifts. Some still ventured out because of important things...some got stuck...some made it just fine. Our church was cancelled on Sunday. I was sad in a way, as I haven't been there for 3 weeks. It was a good call as most that go to Sanctuary either walk to it...or have a ways to drive. So why take that chance.  So we thought we will try to venture out to Malmo. Well it got cancelled too. So we stayed home and spent time together. It's times like this when you appreciate that fact that you have somewhere to be. You have a warm home, water and food in the fridge. ( I have run out of dog food so I made them spaghetti - i don't think they are complaining but I am running out of coffee cream which could cause alot of problems very soon) The storm started Friday afternoon  ... into this morning. So for the last 2 full days we had "time".
Time is such a gift. We are always so busy and obsessed with work and the makings of  life. Well I am, anyways. I think for the most part we all are in one way or another. We work hard and feel like we never  have time to do the things that we love or the want to do. So what did I do with my extra time?
Well first,  I organized and hung up all 50 or so scarves on lovely holders that Mike put up. Now I can see them and actually wear them. Then I cleaned my kitchen cupboards. yup...I did...I boxed away 2 boxes of extra 'stuff' for my garage sale and now I have a very clean kitchen. Today I will tackle the fridge and my food cupboard. It's good. It's part of my plan to have time for more cooking...so I can find what I need to find. For me, I  love a clean home but sometimes 'time' won't allow me to get it to where I want it to be. So this was a gift indeed ~ this extra time.
This is what I am thinking about today Time. When you have time we don't use it wisely. When we are out of time ~ all we want is more time. It is something we cannot do anything about - time. So...how will I use my time from now on....I am really praying about that lately. I feel like one needs to be a good steward of time too. How we use it on a daily basis. For the most part we all work. Whether it is at home or in an office we all have things that need to get done in order for our lives to flow. It's the extra time that I am talking about. What is done with that. What one might think is a waste of time another thinks ... its the best of time.
My thoughts seem a bit random today ... maybe I have too much time on my hands LOL! I dont' know I just think it's important to evaluate how we spend our time and with who.
Each of us are made up differently and we need to live into how we were created. What we want to use our time for should not be a guilty thing. In our extra time... If we want to sit all day by the fire and read the great new book that we got for Christmas then we should do that. If we want to spend time with a friend for the afternoon over a cup of coffee...go for it. If we want to clean cupboards...go for it.
Now that I work in Edmonton, I am feeling I have to re-evaluate my time schedule.
I am good at managing my time but not good at putting what I love to do first in regards to managing my time. So what suffers...devotion time, family time, work out time, reading time, cooking time, friendship time...those things suffer. That is not good. If there isn't enough time for what is important to us and what we care about then some things need to go. These important things are what gives us joy. God created us to enjoy life to be joyful and loving. To be excited to be alive. We give our time to God first then all things will flow from that. God wants us to be good stewards of our time. He wants us to use our time for the things that puts a smile on our face. I don't think He created us just to work and work and work and rush around.  Our life needs to have a balance. We need to find that.
So when you get up in the morning ask God...What do you want me to do with my time today?  How should I use this gift of time...this 24 hours. Yes ... some things we need to do...work...jobs...those things...but what about the extra time...If you don't know...write a list...'If I had all the time in the world I would do' ....and write them all down..then pray how you will make it happen in your daily life. Pray how you will make room for the things that are important to you.
Blessings...

Comments

Popular Posts