5 things that were a blessing to me today

The reality of  this week is 'it's been a long week' The snow hasn't stopped for days and it is showing no indication of stopping. The work is the same. Lots of work and study time. Kinda of a heavy week...
SO...I have started to journal every night before I go to bed...'things that were a blessing today' just before my head hits the pillow I write down at least 5 things that where a blessing to me today... I decided to start this ... mostly because I was noticing a very 'negative' attitude in me lately.
That can happen to the best of us sometimes. Days are long, and snowy and cold and roads are bad, and people are needy and things need to get done and the house is a mess...things need to get fixed...and the list goes on and on...and then you wake up one day and - poof! NEGATIVITY...I don't want to live in that. So I try to refresh my soul and mind by writing down things that were a blessing to me. Whether it was my warm wood stove or a hot cup of coffee, or unexpected monetary gift...I am taking notice of the good...in the hopes that the bad doesn't look so bad.
Today I am feeling blest by my warm home - the heat is working and it is keeping us warm and cozy, Looking outside my home and seeing the wonder of winter and how beautiful it looks,  My friend who is here from SK - spending time with her, My husband who put up these cool lights last night in my kitchen, and by my neighbor who called last night to make sure we made it home from Sanctuary.
Blessings...that put a smile on my face today.
So my prayer for you all this week...think about your day and what blessings you can see...I know if we look hard enough we can all find a blessing in our lives... The Lord fills our lives with blessings...He really does... We just get too wound up in other things to notice sometime...So lets unwind...and look...at our days...with new eyes...
Abundant blessings to you all...
Pastor Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts