Merry Christmas

It's a beautiful day today. The sun broke through finally and it feels like a breath of fresh air. My last week was packed with good things...my French Toast Strata turned out amazing. Mike and I enjoyed a quite morning celebrating Christmas the best way we know how, eating, sharing our life, reflecting on the gift of Jesus and all the blessings that He had given us this year,  opening that special gift we picked out for each other...it was a great morning. My turkey dinner was a hit too...we had 17 out all together and had a fabulous time. Sunday evening was spent with good friends and good food. It was a good week.
Sanctuary on Sunday was an amazing experience of worship and hearing God's word. Gerry our Church planter, brought to us the message this week and it really impacted me. He spoke out of Luke 2 - the birth of Jesus -  and it was brought to me in a different light. Mary and Joseph's plans were messed up. When God works in our lives this way...a few things are happening...1. He is trying to get our attention 2. He has different plan for us 3. He wants us to trust Him. There is more to unpack here but that was the jest of it. So true...in my own life...when plans are not working out the way it should be...when you life is just a bit crazy and God is allowing it...these 3 things are in the works. Something to really be aware of , I guess...We didn't have a full house on Sunday - one of the joys of church planting - one never knows what will happen week to week, but we did have a house filled with the Spirit. It was a good day.
One of the little blips in our week was the unexpected fact that we hit the ditch. We are OK the truck is  OK but you know... it shook us up. We didn't hit anyone or anything ... but just the thought of what might have happened really makes me sick to my stomach. We need to be careful out there on those roads and take care of each other when we see trouble. So many people stopped on the way to see if we were OK and needed help. It is a good world. Really.
As the busyness unfolds even more this week I am reminded once again in my own life and health - how easy it is to get overwhelmed, your body getting weak and physically exhausted from lack of sleep, and even depressed. I felt that last week. I was sinking into a bit of a dark hole...anger and just down really down. You know what I mean. Nothing was helping. It was like a dark shadow was taking over and I was drowning. And I am reminded once again how fragile life is. How quickly life can change. Your emotions your plans your ideas...I could hardly do anything those few days...and I think of the sermon now...God is trying to get my attention - He had a different plan - He wants me to trust Him. How hard are these truths to listen to when you are depressed or in physicall pain. But they are truths and somehow we need to hear them when we are in the middle of the mess - what ever that is. I am trusting God that He will lift this dark hole. I am trusting God that He has a plan for me. I am trusting God that He is trying to seek me out and get my attention. Trust.
As this week unfolds for us all - Saturday we celebrate the gift of Jesus. We gather as family and friends all over the world, go to church, open presents, eat turkey and more...and rest. I look forward as we travel this week to see both our families the gift of family and the fact that we can celebrate Christmas with them.
My prayer for all of you this week is that you see God in the mess and the busyness. You can see God - wanting to get your attention - you can see He has a different plan for us and the He wants us to trust Him. I pray that you can enjoy your holidays with the ones you love. I pray that you can see Jesus this week. I pray that the gift that is being offered to us will be taken and cherished and lived out - the gift of our eternal life with Jesus.
I look forward to right now I look forward to what God has in store for me. I know life is messy...so I look forward to seeing God in it and what He wants for us all. I'm trusting in that.
Be at peace with yourself and all those around this holiday season...Be blest my friends Merry Christmas.
Natasha

Comments

  1. Good word Natasha ... It is exciting to hear life and joy on the new highway of your journey!

    Be richly Blessed!

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - very encouraging, Natasha!
    may your words come true in your own christmas ... peace to you, Trudy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts