Breathe

Sometimes things in life happen that make you stop and breathe. Life stops to make you pause. That is what my week has been like. What I thought was going to happen during this week...didn't...instead we rushed to where my family lives because my dad ended up in the hospital. It's hard to see anyone in the hospital let alone your own family member. I watched my dad all tubed up ... in pain...and it was hard. It made me stop and think about what is really important. What got me through the day....Well first ...God got me through the day. No doubt about that. My hope came from the fact that I put all my hope and  trust in my Lord,  Second...family is important and the support of friends is so much needed. Sometimes you think you can get through things yourself. Sometimes you think you don't need anyone...you can do this alone...you cant. God designed us to have the prayer support and emotional support of those He puts in our path. Sometimes it's hard to share...so we sit with those He brings and just cry. It's a blessing to know people care and want to be there for you. It's a blessing to know you are being prayed for. Support from those who love you is so needed. Support from your spouse...how important is that...in your life when you are dealing with pain.
Then we have the dynamics of family...how easy we take them for granted. They will always be there in our life, never thinking anything else. Until one day life as we know it ...stops ...and we are made to breathe. Made to realize that life is precious and that we only have moments really in the whole scheme of things...moments to be with those we care and love. And we are forced to realize what it means to be alive.
So I am thinking tonight or rather Tuesday morning at 12:53am...how many more moments am I going to waste on things that do not matter...how many moments will I let go because I don't 'get' it or understand a different way of thinking or living...I am not sure...but tonight just for a brief  moment I am made to breathe and realize things.
I am leaving here soon..to go back to work to go back to my home to go back to my other life now...leaving my family ... my dad is coming home today...we are going to have a party...celebrate his road to recovery. With my mom I am going to make pohano...it's a Slovenian chicken dish, my dads favorite...
I have to leave. I don't really want to. But I know I have to. I pray as I leave I can find it in my daily journey to take moments to breathe...and realize what I have. I don't know if it will sink in fast enough for me. I pray it does.
I pray for all of you to take those moments to breathe and realize the blessings of your life and your family and your friends. I thank God for my realization today, and pray that I remember to take a breath before I am made to breathe again.
Be blest and go tell someone you love them today.

Comments

Popular Posts