Space

I am a person that needs her
space to feel right and look right .
 
What I mean by that is that I need particular rooms and chairs and a certain look in order for things to flow
a certain way for me.

It makes me feel safe.
 
I've always been like that.

It's my own little world.
 
Maybe it has to do with the fact that when I was young,
I moved around a lot and had not had much opportunity to have space that is familiar or needed for me.
 
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I just have this personality that needs things to look a certain way and feel a certain way to make me feel at home and safe.

I really do not know why I have an obsession with space
 
But I do know its a desire of mine and a need
 
 There is something comforting in
 finding your space.
 
My coffee deck. Love the view. Love the space.
 
 I also know that  I enjoy finding space
and making it work.
 
Our home.
 
I like things to look pretty and fresh and creative.
 
I like to collect things that mean something to me, and put them up so all can see and experience with me.
 
I like to make people feel comfortable
when they enter my home.

I like my kids to know this is their home and
their life and their space too.
 
Her space.
 
I like my office to have a feeling of
being invited into a safe place to explore life together.
 
Office Space.
 
I like my area where I read and write to be light and breezy and have a sense of adventure.

I like my space where I either start the day with a cup of coffee or end the day to rest and unwind to be
familiar and comfortable.

I like my space where I cook and entertain
to be easy, roomy and relaxed.
 
I like my space that I create and draw in to have an
"Out of the box" feeling.
 
I am also aware that if I do not have my space,
I am very uncomfortable, full of anxiety and
tend to be distracted and unproductive.

One thing that I have learned is that
Finding space takes time and commitment.
 
This last year has been about finding my new space
 
And it's coming together nicely.
 
Room by Room
 
Season by season, I am finding my space and becoming comfortable.


Comments

Popular Posts