I am living the dream and I get to be here.

Today is my last day to be 47.
 
Yup 47. There I said it on the big Internet, now the whole world knows.
 (or the few friends  that read this lol)
 
In one way  I think I am OK with it.
 
NOPE
 
I know I am OK with it.
 
I have come across two sayings this past year
 
The first one was when I was celebrating a friends birthday this summer
And someone asked her how does it feel to be (insert number)
And she said
 
"I get to be here"
 
There are too many of us that do not get to be here. 
Do we even understand that?
 
So I am taking my friends advice
I am celebrating me
Because 
I get to be here.
All of me.
 
I get to wake up every morning and Praise My God.
I get to spend time with my hubby and my little girl everyday.
I have a family that cares and loves me.
I have amazing friends in my life who know me.
 I get to work, drink coffee, walk, run, play, fight for a cause, help,
 read, blog, write, eat great food and put on my favorite boots.
 
I get to do it all.
 
OH do not be fooled it is not all perfect.
It never will be.
And there are days that are dark.
 
But I still get to be here.
 
The other saying I came across was from this weekend
from a friend I use to work with at camp
He likes to say
 
"We are living the dream"
 
No matter what
live your dream and if its not your dream
Change it, and make it dreamy ;)
 
Dreams change, rearrange and play out in many different ways.
 
Don't be disappointed if they do not work out.
 
You get to be here still.
 
Just have a dream.
I think that is what is important.
And I think at the end of the day
Your life can be your dream.
Just decide to make it your dream.
It may be a bad day or not end up as your perfect dream plan
But dream anyway.
 
Don't lose hope or give up.
Never give up.
 
So as I am getting close to my birthday
I am excited to what is in store for me this coming up year.  
 
I am living the dream and I get to be here.
 
Happy birthday to me.  
(And thank you wise friends for sharing your life with me)
 








Birthday Starbucks drink.



Yup. Words to live by. Lets do it.

Comments

Popular Posts