Seasons

A reminder that my dad is always with me.
 Fall brings forth a burst of colours.
 
To me fall comes with some dramatic change.
 When driving you see the brilliant colours of red, orange, brown, green and yellow.
 
And at times its so brilliant and bright.
 
And I often think our seasons in life are just like the four seasons that we have here in Canada.
 
Sometimes our season is a dramatic season of colour. The season is bright and fun. Its like something very different comes up in our life and we are forced to change and adapt and then look back and see the beauty of it all.
 
 It becomes colourful.
 
You also become aware that another season is just around the corner. Sometimes that season is dark and cold and gloomy. That is how I see my winters. If you know me at all, you know I do not like the cold. I find it hard to enjoy things outside in the winter and well truth be told there are just not enough layers of clothing to make me ever think going outside is going to be ok.
 
Its gloomy and I have anxiety about it.
 
My favorite season is deck season.
 
There are seasons like that in life too.
 
 Dark seasons.

Seasons of loneliness, depressions, grief, loss and pain that is unimaginable.
 
And you wonder how you will cope.
Then slowly things start to melt and you find spring.
 
A new beginning.
 
For me, spring is not my favorite time of year.
I find it muddy and unpredictable. 
Also something  we can relate to in life , it can be unclear and unpredictable.
Nevertheless its a new season.
 
 Then just as we get comfortable in the mud we see a bit more sun.
 
 And before we realize it we rush around trying to enjoy our short lived summer.
 A time where you can relax a bit.
Change the pace of your life.
Do something different yet familiar.
 
 
Through all these seasons, what I find to be truth is that we do not stay  in a season long. It may seem long. Especially the cold season. The painful one. It may seem like eternity. But then something changes again and we find ourselves in a different season.
 
The view from my front deck. The leaves are turning bright and beautiful.
 
I'm grateful for the different seasons.
At one time I could not say that.
But I know I will not stay in a season long.
So I am grateful for what I learn in each season.
 
Fall is upon us.
The colours are brilliant the change is fast paced and before we know it the leaves will be gone.

But not before I get to enjoy my pumpkin spice latte.
 
So today I will sit and enjoy the season put in front of me.
 
A reminder to be encouraged
Its just a season.
 
 
It's just a season.



Comments

Popular Posts