It is Enough

A couple of weeks ago a friend asked me
 
"If I had  all the money in the world what would I be doing?"
 
For a few moments I was silent as I pondered this question and the only answer that I could come up with is..
 
"I feel I am doing what I want already so I guess more of what I am doing."
 
Truth be told, the answer surprised me. I had no idea I was going to answer in that way.
I thought at first well that is easy... I could be... then I went blank...
 
But as I was thinking of the things I enjoy and what would I be doing with more, I began to realize I am doing them already. Money or no money, somehow I have cultivated a life that I want to live.
 
I think we can get too caught up with:
 
When I have money
When I retire
When I have time
When I have friends
When I finish school
When I get married
When I have a child
When my children leave
When I move out
When I have a big house
When I have a new stove
When I have a deck
When I have ...
 
I think we need to live into the life that we want with what we have,
with what is in front of us.
 
 
We may not make a million dollars, but we are making something
and with that we can do something.
We may not have a big house, but we have something and with
that we can invite someone over and share a meal or coffee.
We may not have a degree, but we have some
knowledge and with that we can help.
We may feel we do not have close friends, but someone else may feel that too
and we can hook up and share life.
We may not have a lot of time, but we have time and we can adjust it
and use it wisely with who and what is Important to us.
 
You get the point. We can all do something with what we have.
 
This past week I just shared with someone,
 
We need to live in the mindset that we have enough
what ever that enough looks like.
Only then can we be truly grateful for what we have in front of us.

Do I wish I could do more?
 
Yes
 
And I pray that one day if more comes that I will be able to use it as well
as I use what I have now and that I can be challenged each day to ask myself
 
What I am I doing with what has been given to me right now?  
 
And with that
it is enough
because that is what is asked of us.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts