Against the Norm

Wetaskiwin Burden Bearers Counselling Centre
Has a nice ring to it - doesn't it...
I have been working on this non profit Christian Counselling Centre since February of this year and it had become official in September through the Burden Bearers Society.
Since then we have established a board - and a vision with what this Centre would look like.
It's very exciting to see a dream become a reality...
I have been counselling some at home while the office is being set up, getting funding, getting furniture in place, sharing with my church body,
going to paint walls this month in my new office.
The office is really a great space. Some room for counselling offices...
and the NEW...idea...
a whole space for
Hana's Treasures
a second hand children's clothing store...with all proceeds going to help
fund Burden Bearers...
You see...Burden Bearers - turns no one away...even if you cannot afford the fee ...
we make it work...
With that kind of focus on ministry...then we need to come up with ways to fund raise...
to have money in the bank...to pay bills...counsellers...rent...you know all that kinda stuff...
So...I am having fun thinking of fundraising ideas...and also looking for potential partners in this ministry.
It's such a cool thing...
It's looking like it's all coming together in His timing.
The goal is to have the office set up by January.
It will take a lot of work and perseverance - but then in reality I didn't think it would not.
Starting a non profit organization - takes a lot of work.
God laid this on my heart almost a year ago and I know it is what needs to happen in our community and in the lives of people - finding healing through the Cross.
Finding someone you can trust to talk to.
So I push through - baby on hip...and move slower than usual but move non the less.
I think that is the key...moving...forward...
Staying put...doesn't work. It keeps you stuck if you are not meant to be there.
Even if things don't look like they should
or looks like things are not working out
we need to keep moving...not quit - just move.  
In February - we really didn't foresee going to China this year.
Nope...not in our radar at all.
We really didn't see a baby in the future. But God did.
So we move forward - things looking a bit different than expected.
But would not have it any other way.
God is teaching me that all things are in His timing  -  Not mine.
It's not a bad thing to learn and continue to work on.
Good things come to those who wait...
I have wanted to quit ... yes...waiting is not my thing.
But...what a missed life I would have had if I did.
Hana is a good thing...
Wetaskiwin Burden Bearers is a good thing...
Hana's Treasures is a good thing...
So...Good things are happening out here in my life...
even if it is a lot slower than I am use to...and many things in my life look different...even the things/people/events/gatherings 
that are the 'same' are different.
It just is a new season.
Yet...in all of this...God has provided other things to keep me occupied...so I don't get stuck focusing on what is not the same anymore.
And...as much as some things in my life have changed...
one thing is constant - God.
The goodness of God.
His Word and His Truth.
And that is enough for me.
So...Here's to waiting - taking things slow - and Hearing from God and being obedient - even if it goes against the norm...because against the norm is where I am called to be.
 
 
 
 
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
Maya Angelou


Comments

Popular Posts