God Adventure

It seems like sometimes in our life

we have bigger God adventures than other times

Sometimes...Our cry out to God is louder...our prayer times longer...our dependence on God Deeper
It shouldn't be that way, but it is.
I think for me - its when I am busy with life - work - stuff - Yes God is there -  but I just don't seem to spend THAT much time with Him...I'm not on my knees as much.
When I am in the middle of a crisis...or just exhausted with life...then low and behold - I spend more time with God.  
What I have been realizing these last few months - is that at the end of the day 
I only have God
So I better get off my lazy ... and spend all my time with Him - ALL the time.
My dependence on God isn't suppose to be whether or not my life is going OK or not.
My dependence on God is a constant in  my life...or it should be.
He has been so convicting me of this lately...

life changes

relationships change

homes change

community changes

family changes

friends change

Life on earth is never the same

But God always is

Sometimes God is part of all the change around us
to get us to a place where we come back to Him and only Him

Time with God - is never wasted or should be rushed or shouldn't be pushed aside.
When we spend time with God - He makes our paths pretty clear - our purpose pretty clear
our relationships pretty clear...He is in our life - constant.
Our time is so precious to many of us...we spend time on many things...
I know I spend time on many things that do not make sense.
I feel like I waste my time sometimes, it seems - or that is what I am thinking lately...
waste my time on being stressed over things that do not matter
waste my time on being angry
waste my time on obsessing on things
As I am entering into a new season
I am asking myself 'what pushes me'
And I am finding I do not like the answers.
So what does that mean...
Change
I need to change a few things 
We do not need to live into what does not make sense
I read something the other day - that struck me - a question...

"What am I called to do today or this weekend to love God
and let God's love for me overflow to others?"

I do not see - being stressed or angry or upset or...as part of the answer to this question...

Spending time with God - all the time - making Him the constant in our days...will help our days.
That's what I am learning more and more...

Psalm 119:105

"You Word is a lamp to my feet and a Light to my path"


Comments

Popular Posts