Christmas Blog

Merry Christmas!
Every year I write a Christmas letter. A letter that reflects on the previous year...what we did and didn't do, what we hoped to see and didn't see, what we dreamed about and didn't dream would happen - things like that...This year I decided to just write a blog...my life is pretty much out there on FB  or this blog - just look me up...and you will see how my year went...
I do want to wrap up a few things though...
I finished up my contract at Sanctuary in May - This was such a growing God experience  ~ being a Care Pastor. I loved our staff meetings at Starbucks and loved hanging out with Ger and Ron.
But God had a pretty cool plan after that...I was hired as a Camp Pastor at our camp - Covenant Bay Bible Camp. It was such a wicked summer - working out there...seriously cool...in so many ways. God was so there...I loved caring for the counsellors and working with the Director. I still work there on contract ... looking forward to seeing what God will do next with that.
I also just took a job working at the Boy's and Girls Club - what a ministry opportunity that is becoming...I am loving being with the kids!
I am also still helping at Malmo - Lay ministry work - I love our community and church and all my friends here...
Mike and I went to Haiti this year...with 7 students. We helped a medical clinic.
It was life changing - we loved it there...we are going to go back one day.
Mike...well he still loves his work - business is good... building cabinetry and drafting...He is very busy with his sledge hockey, he loves playing hockey ... and of course biking - when ever we can.
We celebrated our 15 year anniversary. We went to Banff on our Trike - with great friends that bought a bike this year too. We had so much fun...it's so great celebrating with friends!
And oh ya..I bought a bike - yup 750 Honda Shadow - Love it...I put fringe on it...not gonna lie - looks wicked!
My sister turned 40 this year. We went down to be with her - went to a spa and well ...we just had a fun time!
My dad is doing so much better - his battle with colon cancer was a tough one - dealing with chemo and such...but right now he is in Arizona with Mom and they are hanging and tanning...God is good.
We were anticipating adopting a baby - a private adoption...but 4 months later the birth mother changed her mind...it was a tough fall - but knowing that God is in the middle of it all...well we have this hope - that can only come from our Faith... right...and we have amazing friends and family that are helping us on our journey of healing.
Recently, I found out about a health issue that I might be dealing with...waiting for tests and results are the hardest parts...in times like this...many of us out there know that...But once again I am reminded of God's goodness and His peace covers me...
We ended the year with an amazing holiday with friends...in Maui...It was a brilliant time...God just knows all about timing - doesn't He...
No matter what...Life can be meaningful...because of those who are the meaning-makers around us. We are all meaning-makers. It's not about finding meaning for ourselves...but finding it for others....Life - meaning - it's all found in relationships...we are made to be relational...It is contact with others that makes us feel alive.
"When we encounter a sense of humanity in others. When we feel the warmth of their heart and care that can transform the seemingly lifeless, physical world into a home, community, life, and “heaven.”
I love that...
That is really what this year was about...being surround by meaning - makers...Kinda makes you think - what kind of meaning am I making for others...I hope it's good.
I am ending this year with these thoughts going through my mind...

             Faith ~ Hope ~ Love

These are the things I am hanging on too
I have a Faith in a God who died on a cross for me
So i can live with Him in eternity
Faith that He provides for me and a Trust that He will Sustain me
In the Good and the Bad
My Faith in my God gives me Hope
The kind of Hope that nothing that comes my way can shake me
Because I trust in a Mighty God
Who loves me
My faith that gives me Hope provides the  kind of Love
that will sustain me forever
Not only Does God love me
He loves me so much that He Provides amazing people
in my life that also love me
Family & Friends kind of love
My Faith which Gives Me Hope
provides the Love to live a Mighty Life
for a Mighty God...

Merry Christmas my friends...May God richly bless you!
Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts