15 Years...

Today is our 15th year wedding anniversary.
I have just come back from 2 days at camp - my first week at CBBC as the camp pastor. So far I have met with 10 staff members...counselling, listening, guiding, praying and caring. It's going to be a great summer.
But today I am home - spending time with my husband. I can't believe 15 years have passed already.
15 years...I remember our wedding day. I loved being the bride...getting the hair done, my shoes, my dress, my flowers...it was a perfect day...I felt so special.. We were married at 11am in Taber. We had a wonderful ceremony. Then off to our pictures which turned out amazing - then our wedding reception. It was suppose to be a garden wedding - but the Alberta wind picked up and it was just not to be....so we moved inside to our hall...our best friends and my sister - spent the morning decorating the hall before our 11 am wedding! But we had so much fun...I loved my dress...I loved how Mike looked in his Tux. We had the best MC's - and one of our best friends sang our wedding song to us...He did SO amazing...even sounded better than Paul Brandt! And the best part...the party didn't end till 4 am! Who doesn't love karaoke! It was a small intimate gathering of 100 or so family and friends - so simple yet so perfect. We had salmon and chicken, beef and salads, of course my mom and dad helped with it all...We ate for 16 hours! Mike's Aunt made pies...We have some fun and crazy memories! We enjoyed everyone who came and everyone who was there meant so much to us. I know we could not have done it ~ and it would not have been nearly as fun without our family and our dear Saskatchwan friends. 
The last 15 years have flown by - yet I feel like so much has happened in such a small frame of time. The places we lived ~ the places we visited ~ the people we met ~ and the people who are still in our life today. So many have touched our lives....have helped shape who we are...our  life our marriage.
I am grateful for my husband. He truly is a good man. He is a better person than I am and he makes me want to be a better person.
I love celebrating our anniversary! Well I actually love celebrating anything...but our anniversary especially. We always try to go away or do something unique. Today we will spend the day together - I am making steak and shrimp with some amazing purple garlic potatoes...maybe a movie tonight...then we hope to sit around our fire...we are waiting for the weekend...We will head out to the mountains on our bike and stay at the most sweetest place ever...this great cabin right outside of Banff...we will ride...and enjoy the gift of our life together. It's going to be a great weekend! We are so looking forward to it. And one of the highlights...we will spend it also with our best friends we have now...our life has been so full of amazing people that have touched our life in so many ways.
I can't wait to see what our next 15 years will be like. I know God has a plan.  Marriages are to be celebrated...life is hard at times......so its good to celebrate the good...to be reminded that ...God is good.

Comments

Popular Posts