96 hours

It's hard to imagine that in 4 days we will be on a plane heading to Haiti. Mike and I once again, are blest to be a part of a bigger picture for Malmo Covenant Church. Three years ago we started planning Missions '11 with the Sr. High students, then last year I resigned as their Family & Youth  Pastor. The church asked Mike and I to continue to lead the team. To finish what we started with this group.

And we are SO excited. In 96 hours we will board a plane to head out to seek what God has in store for us in a far away land. We will be working with a clinic and helping with construction - that is our project - but in reality we are going to continue to build relationships with the people of Haute Limbe. These 'mission' trips are never really about - where we are going...and what we are doing...oh sure don't get me wrong...we help in some way...but I have learned that it's not necessarily about us going down there...and changing things...as that is not our intent or plan...that is not what we are doing...it's more about us being changed...This is our 7th trip and I am not sure what kind of impact I necessarily make in these countries that we go to...but I sure know the impact they make on me. And we pray,  as we return we can continue to share what we are learning about our selves and Our God...
And as I sit here now...contemplating going to Haiti -somewhere, where Mike and I have dreamed of going for many years...I am once again...overwhelmed at how AWESOME GOD is...in allowing us to be a part of this story...Seriously AWESOME....
We have had so much prayer and support in the last few months and  it's hard to imagine it is here already.
The students are pumped yet a bit anxious,  we are prepared and a bit nervous...prepared ~ at least as much as we can be...for such an unknown venture...nervous ~ venturing out to a foreign place with 7 students. It's not the students...they are amazing... each one of them is a gift to Mike and I...we love them dearly....and we live for this...taking them out of their comfort zone and seeing what God has in store for them...seeing them transformed and shaped by God...
it's about the fact that parents are trusting us with their kids...
If I think about it too much...it wont be good for me. I will stress out...so I don't think about it...as God is gently reminding me...He is thinking about it...and protecting us and caring for us all...
It's a bit hard for me this trip...as I am heading out with much on my mind...I am praying that these things will settle down...I need to focus on what God is preparing for us...I need to focus on the kids, I need to be organized...
So I am praying that these last few hours...I will find peace about the things that we need to decide and a clear mind as we head to Haiti.
I find it a bit funny...that so many "interesting" things have happened in the last month or so...leading up to this trip. As I process the "why"...I am reminded more by God...about the "trust".
Trusting in Him - No matter what...we need to trust in Him...He does know what is best. He does have our best interest in His heart. He loves us that much!
I am also reminded about the blessings of friends ...as we enter into this week. Just a reminder that I am blest indeed. And I could not 'be here in the moment ' without them.
So here we are off to Haiti...what will happen while we are there?...who knows...will we have fun?...oh yes...will we come back transformed a bit? ... yup...God is so about transformation... will we see things differently? ... you bet....
Is God in Control? - ....YES...Praise God...that He is!
Isn't this the coolest thing ever...oh yes :)
If you think of it...shout out a prayer  for us...Mesi (thanks in Creole)
N'a we pita! (see you later)

Comments

Popular Posts