Home

I have come to realize that when you are away from your home long enough...
it's so good to come back and feel like you are missing something...
I was gone for a few days and now that I am home...I am excited to be home. To be honest I was stressed coming back. As most know, I am done my contract at Sanctuary  ... so as of this moment...I don't have a church. As a pastor - that can be a bit stressful...OK...maybe that can be VERY stressful...at least to me...So I was stressed coming back - not sure what I am coming back to...?
I read this week...
"We believe God  ~  that He is the writer of our story...yet we don't trust Him to write our story..."
Hmmm...Is that true of me...?
What on earth am I going to do now...How will I live into all of this now?
Well, while I was away I had some great conversations...with my mom and dad.
My dad had given me some very insightful advice ... and I was actually listening...:)
At the end of the day - I don't need a church to be a pastor - to be a counsellor - to be a caring person
who loves people. I was that before I become a pastor in a church...that part of me doesn't change.
I live in a place that I love and am surrounded by people that I love - so what's the stress...I need to trust God that He is writing my story...and I need to trust God that He will once again...provide what I need to be who I am for Him. He has never failed me...He is there for me...and knows who I am in this story out here in this wonderful place, Mike and I call home.
That is what I have been thinking about lately - my story...my life...who I am in all of this...my situation might change but that doesn't mean I change...I continue to work on my life story...and each season has a chapter in it...a purpose...and I need to fully live into that.
Each season has a meaning...and we need to find that meaning...find that purpose...make it meaningful...it might be stressful or hard or seemingly impossible but it wont be meaningless...I love that...it wont be meaningless...
So for now...for today...I will call a friend, I will read, I will return emails, I will return calls, I will book appointments that I need, I will work on my missions trip to Haiti in less than 43 days, I will call my family, I will plan a painting project, I will work on a proposal to help some orphans...
and I thought I had nothing to do...
I am living into my story for this season...It's all becoming very meaningful...

Comments

Popular Posts