Fear

The greatest mistake you can make in
life is to be continually fearing
you will make one."
- Elbert Hubbard



Sometimes you have to do something that just scares the daylight out of you...you know what I mean...you have a fear ... of it ...but you know if you don't do it you will regret it for the rest of your life.
It's so exciting...yet you are terrified...
Or you are just really scared of the fact that you might fail...so you don't try. Well I am thinking...we need to try...we can't live in our fear...That is what I am thinking about today.
There are so many things that I think would be so cool to try...and for the most part I try...yet sometimes silly fear grips me...and I can't let it go.
I am afraid of trying it...because I might not be good at it...or it might be too hard for me, or I might look really silly doing it, or people will find out that I failed or people will think it's silly...or... or...or...or...
Well not anymore...
I did something that I know I really want to do...but I am scared that I won't be able to do it - that I will be scared to finish or that I will back out ... but I did  it anyways...Not sure what the outcome will be...yet....
You see...I am tired of living in the shadows of others...I am tired of not being me...I am tired of living in 'what society' says...I am tired of not being true to myself...I have been created uniquely...so we all need to live into our uniqueness...what ever that looks like...and believe me...it is different for each of us.
What is your fear? What is holding you back from trying something new?
I will let you know how this turns out...in the mean time...I am not afraid anymore...just moving forward and stepping up has helped me to shake this fear off...and if it is a mistake ~ at least I can say I tried and conquered the fear ...
Because in reality...what on earth do we have to fear?
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with  my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Here's to living a fearless life...

Comments

Popular Posts