Hello Again

Hello Again. 

It has been two years since I have shared a reflection of some sort on my blog. 

I remember my last entry and the excitement I had when sharing my adventures I just had in Ecuador. I had just come home from a great missions trip with some fantastic team members, only to find myself and the rest of the world shut down.
 
A global pandemic has entered into our story. 

Then we moved from a place that was dear to our hearts. 
We did not have the opportunity  to say goodbye. 
We left on a very early morning in May, with tears streaming down our faces. 
And our children crying as they were devastated about the fact we were leaving behind the only home they were familiar with.

Ten hours later we pulled up to our new space and for the last two years, we have  tried to find community and connection in the midst of chaos and constant change. 

Never have I ever witnessed such global chaos in such a short time span. 
Twenty four months of  'one situation after another.'
The chronic stress we found ourselves in,
was too much for so many. 

Today I can say that I am not the same person. 

The last two years have taken a toll on many of us. 
Some of us have gotten wiser and healthier yet some of us have have had a bit of a tough time navigating the every changing stories that have surrounded us. 
Some of us have come out of this with stronger families ties and friendships yet
some of us have have had to say good bye to family and friends.
Some of us have been wounded with no reconciliation in sight and feel stuck in the hurt and pain yet some of us have been able to move on from the hurts and pains.  
And truth be told, most  of us have struggled with some form of mental health concerns. 

No matter what has happened to each of us, we are not the same. 

How do we move on from all that has happened in the last few years? 

That my friends, is what I have been working on...trying to find ways to move on in a healthy new way. 

Nothing is the same and somehow we need to find our way back to something familiar. 
I love to share my story and a form of art for me is expressing myself through word art. I love writing and I pray that as I find my way to a healthy  new space, that what I share will also encourage you in some way. 

Hello Again.

Let me reintroduce myself, my name is Natasha and I, like the rest of the world, am trying to find my way back to something familiar. 

I am holding on to a few truths and lessons  that I did not lose during this season.
 
1. God is ALWAYS good. 
2. God is ALWAYS in the details. 
3. Being Kind should ALWAYS be our priority in life, you don't need to be rude, EVER.  
4. Grace and Mercy goes a long ways in every conversation or situation. 
5. Forgive...then forgive again. 
6. Let go when you need to. Let go and move on as hard as it may be. You were created to live an abundant life. 
7. Caring for one another is what we are called to do. Never stop caring for humanity. 
8. Your opinions are not more important then someone else's. Choose your battles wisely. 
9. You don't leave when things get tough, you dance/talk/shout/scream/hug it out,  together. 
10. We all need each other. 
11. Today is a good day to have a good day. 
12. Today is a good day to know Jesus. 

Friends Hello Again, let's explore our new way of life together...because I need you and
we are better together.  



Peace my friends, 

Natasha 

We're all just walking each other home. Ram Dass




Comments

Popular Posts