Good Enough



Recently I have been dealing with this idea of 'good enough'. 

What does it mean to be good enough? 

We are bombarded  each and every day with this notion that we need this or that to make us more. 

We are not good enough. 
I have always battled with the lie of 'not good enough'. 
Except I didn't realize it was a lie until just recently. 

Different circumstances in my life have led me to believe 
that I was not enough. 
Words spoken to me, criticism, actions or lack of, have created a space within me that had me believe that I just did not measure up.

This led to a life of insecurities and trying to please everyone.
It has created a very sensitive spirit within me that easily has the potential to get crushed. 

It led me to look for affirmations in people who 
I thought I needed to look up to. 

It led me to say yes too many times to people and 
circumstances that I did not want to be in just to prove myself. 

It has been a battle. 

It has affected my personal life, my work and my relationships. 

It has stopped me from saying yes to the things I really want to try.
I hesitate when I write, speak, dream, 
give my opinion or walk into a room. 
I have this heavy feeling that I don't measure up and 
a feeling that I just don't belong. 
It is a lonely feeling and a hard space to be in. 
It is funny how I can see someone and encourage them to live into their full potential, yet I somehow cannot do that for myself.  
The cycle needed to be stopped. 
After much reading and therapy I can say I have moved past or am starting to move past the woundedness that had started this cycle. In saying that, I am still battling the insecurities and the sensitivity, yet I do feel that being sensitive has helped me in many ways, but I do have to be careful as I tend to react more quickly and feel more deeply than I know what to do with. 
I am sharing this today for the simple reason to reach out and help.

To let someone know
You are good enough
Just as you are.

In my recent life coaching course I had come across 

The Good Enough Principle 

We either believe we are good enough or not good enough. 

If someone is always believing they are not good enough they will have limitations. 

The truth is you are good enough for you. 

You see when you believe you are not good enough...you set yourself up with limitations. 
All of a sudden your dreams, passions your ideas...the world does not get to see them.
And that is so sad. 
Some of the reasons people don't pursue their passion 
in life is they believe the lie that they are
- not smart enough 
-not talented enough 
- not valued enough
-not heard
-not important
-not good enough
and because of this we become insecure and set limitations.
So here is the truth...

We are good enough. 

This is the belief system we need to learn to believe in. 
We need to believe in ourselves
and believe in the truth that 
we are enough 
we can do it
we don't need to compare to anyone 
we are not anyone else 
we are unique 
we are special 
we are enough 

We are who we are 
and that is good enough. 
Don't let anyone else ever let you feel any other way. 
That is about them, not you. 
Repeat after me...
You are enough
You are enough
You are enough
And that my dear...
is Good Enough. 




You are enough and God thinks so too. 

Here are some truths to live into...

  1. So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. - Genesis 1:27
  2. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

    Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -Psalm 139:13-16
  3. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. - 1 Peter 2:9
  4. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Ephesians 2:10
  5. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39
  6. But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” And God said, “I will be with you..." - Exodus 3:11-12a
  7. See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. - 1 John 3:1
May you make today the day you believe 
you indeed are good enough.

May you find peace and kindness today. 

Natasha 













Comments

Popular Posts