Celebrating 20 years of Ministry

This past September I celebrated 20 years of being a Pastor.

I still remember the day my life changed forever.

We just got married and had moved to Regina.
We started attending a little church on the North Side of the City. A Christian Reformed church.
Something familiar to us.
The first or second weekend there we were invited to attend their family camp.

That weekend changed our life forever.

Most of that weekend was spent getting to know the wonderful families but the majority was spent hanging out the youth.
Sunday night an elder asked us if we would consider being youth leaders.
We jumped at it, thinking it would be fun thing to do.

Fast forward to today

20 years later

Serving as an Associate Pastor for the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada in Norquay.

I can say I am where I am suppose to be.

Some days are amazing and I feel that all is right in the world.
Some days are hard and I wonder what am I doing.

It's all perfect

I have tried leaving and doing other things with my life
but I know this is my call and that I am doing what God has designed for my life.

I am in a good place now
working with a good person who allows me to be
whom I was created to be

Nothing is perfect yet everything is perfect

I have learned a lot and grown much in the last 20 years
and I still have a lot to learn.

I think that is the key
Never stop growing and learning

One thing I have learned over the years is that when God calls you to something He will bring you through it and equip you.

Its never about you, its all about Him.

Another thing that I have learned is that usually my deepest weakness is His greatest strength

I love what I do
Not many can say that

Oh...maybe I don't love everything I do...

but I love what I have been called to

to love, to care, to teach, to equip, to serve ,
to  listen, to pray, to follow, to learn, to lead

  



To just be me

That is the key
just be who you are created to be

Seriously, who else should you be?

So here is to the next 20 years

The good , the hard, the challenging , the simple

Whatever It Brings.

And a huge thank you to all who walked along side of me encouraging me and loving me




I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13





Comments

Popular Posts