Detours, Roadblocks & RTC

As we find ourselves right in the middle of summer we are sure to run into detours and roadblocks.

Our highways here in Saskatchewan are filled with detours, which in definition is a long or roundabout route taken to avoid something or to visit somewhere along the way.
They are slow going as we find crews working day and night trying to fix 
our ever so sinking roads.
We get delayed sometimes an hour or two just
trying to get to the closest city to us.



Then we have our roadblocks, which is a barrier or barricade on a road, especially one set up by the authorities to stop and examine traffic which can be a hindrance.


I was going to camp the other day and as I turned to go towards the camp road I was stopped by a roadblock.

A large sign that read

Road Closed

No other instructions on how to get around this block at all,

Just Closed

I sometimes think life can be this way.

Full of Detours and Closed Roads.
You may think you have a plan and start working
towards that, yet something gets in the way and
you need to make a detour.
Or there is a roadblock, completely taking you
by surprise and you need to figure out how to
deal with it.

Life has been like this lately.

Things that have taken me by surprise and
I am not sure how to deal with.

Setbacks - a problem - difficulty - hitch - complication - upset.

There are many setbacks in the world today

Too Many

5 year old girl is found not the way the world
wants her to be found
More people are killed because of hate
Terrror runs rampant in countries that we do not understand
A mom is told she cannot have children
A friend is diagnosed with cancer
A child is lost
A parent is gone
A blood clot returns

Pain  Difficutly  Complication  Sadness  Fear  Hurt

How do we cope?

R.T.C

Reason to Continue

We need to find a reason to continue

I don't think I can solve some of these world problems that devastate my spirit
But I know I can't ignore them, I know too much
And I know I can't give up on the world and humanity

So my reason to continue

to help others walk through this pain
to walk along side and pray
to bring some kind of healing through Jesus Christ
I have no answers just the Hope that my God brings
I don't understand but He knows and I trust in That.

I don't know why things happen
I have no answers
I am dealing with my own questions
But I do  have a
R.T.C

My Faith in a God who is mighty
My husband and children
My family
My friends



My world that God has put me in to serve

They are good reasons

We can get angry and upset and frustrated and yes, road blocks can hinder us and our plans, but

Will it help?

Getting upset & scared, will that help?

Now is not the time to give up

let's find a way around those detours and roadblocks , let's think of them as new opportunities to serve and help and

Let's Find Reasons To Continue the Journey.


















Comments

Popular Posts