First Day Of Summer

It's no secret that I love summer.

The smell of the flowers from my front deck
The amazing vegetable garden in my back yard
The lakes all around me
The camping so close to home
Long skirts and sandals
Family and Friends visiting from far away and close by
The opportunity to go to Bible camp and
hang out with students
The opportunity to help with our Day camp
right here in Norquay
Weddings and celebrations
Summer festivals
Flying kites
hummingbirds are out
Holidays - a time to relax and be refreshed

I love Summer.

It's been a hard season these last few months.
Today as I sit at home, fighting the flu I am reminded of the message last week of celebrating life.

Sometimes in the hard we forget to look for the good.

Sometimes in the lonely seasons we forget to look around at what indeed is in front of us.

We pine over relationships that are hard and
we forget to look around and see those that love us and want to be with us and accept us for who we are.

Sometimes we forget to celebrate life right where its at.

We minimize what God has done for us.

I have been realizing that.

Not all days are perfect.
But in our days we can try to find the good.
All days have some good in them.

Today once again I am being reminded first of all,

Not to take myself to seriously
(or anyone else for that matter)

Worship fully
(fully be present where God is leading)

Laugh a lot
(find the things that make me laugh)

&

Celebrate Everything & Everyone.
(Its hard to be bitter, resentful and jealous when you
celebrate with people instead of against them.)

These reminders truly help one to live a life of celebration.

Summer is Here

Today is the first day of summer
As the days are getting longer
I am getting better
yes, there may be set backs 
like today and we may have to
reschedule a thing or two...

But

I choose to look for the good.

All days have some good in them.

First day of summer
First day of many good things.

Take a moment today
to look for the good.










Comments

Popular Posts