Merry Christmas from the Westerhoud's

The Westerhoud's Holiday Newsletter 2015

We want to start by wishing you all a wonderful Christmas filled with God's love and peace. And we pray that 2016 will be filled up with family, friends and joy.



We have had a year of settling into our new home and place in Norquay SK.

This past summer our church renovated our place and built a new garage and it looks lovely.

As you probably have seen on my social media,
Decks are my favorite place to have a cup of coffee.
And now I have 2 lovely decks to sit and enjoy.
It's where I have my space to think, pray and just be.
There is a reason that I love sitting on a deck so much.
It's where I spent most of my time with my dad.
Sitting on the deck at our home or at mom and dad's place.
When we would go to visit, dad would wait till I woke up to have a cup of coffee with
me before he would go off to the restaurant.
And he was always up early at our place sitting on our deck
having coffee and waiting for me.
I will never lose that memory. It brings me comfort and peace.

As a family we have enjoyed what this beautiful little town has to offer.
One of the perks of this community is the care that I have seen here.
Last Sunday I needed gravel and ginger ale and knowing people that own the local store - not only was I able to grab some it was delivered to my home. Now that is caring.

For a small town there is always something to do.
Downtown BBQ's, picnics, Trade shows, Santa Days, skating parties and sledding parties.  and then all of our activities at the church and school.
Recently I got my hands on a supplier for home made Ukrainian cabbage rolls,
potato sausage and perogies.
Well, as you can image I am a pretty happy.

We have enjoyed camping this year and now we are trying our hand at snowmobiling.
There is a little 4 year old pretty excited about all these things.
We are fortunate to live just at the end of town where we can hop on the sled and go.
Also very fortunate to live by 3 provincial parks to go fishing, camping and just hanging
out at the beach.

Our little family life here is doing pretty good.


Mike is busy with his business and still enjoys it, always taking on new projects.
He is helping with a kitchen this year and that makes him smile.
Ice fishing and sledding are some of the things he looks forward to, in the winters. And of course the summers are filled with fishing, kayaking and canoeing for him.
He also has a  new project which is  restoring a vintage motorcycle and his is loving it.

I have been enjoying my work as Associate Pastor at our church.
It has given me so many new opportunities to serve and lead along side Arden. Its a great fit.
I had the opportunity to go to Ecuador last February with a team
and this year in February  I am leading my first team to  Ecuador which
I am very excited about! We have 4 churches represented and that is so fun!
For me, my downtime is having coffee with friends , shopping :), exploring, sitting at the beach, reading, making jewelry, ... the usual.




Our little girl is just a very excited growing girl. She is trying Ukrainian
dance this year and for the most part is enjoying it.
She loves daycare, preschool and church. She is turning into such a people person.
It's so amazing to watch her grow and learn and just be a little girl who is trying to be a big girl. Her favorite things are having people over, being outside, Lego, painting and making jewelry with me.


There are so many things to be grateful for.

We have been blest this past year with so many visits from so many special people in our life.
Family and friends from so far taking the time out to come see us. We are so grateful.
We also had the opportunity to visit friends and family this year and have had the honor of being a part of 2 family weddings. We are so fortunate and grateful for that time together.

Along with all the good, we have had some trying times this past year,
yet God is always good and provides and cares for us.
Much healing has taken place this year, healing and growth.
With healing comes peace.
So, a new sense of peace and being settled has taken place
in our life and for that we are truly grateful.



Tomorrow we are looking forward to doing some sliding down the hill,
dinner with friends and then Christmas Eve Candlelight service.
And off course we come home to stockings under the tree.

Our Christmas Day will be exciting as we spend our time serving at our church,
a dinner for almost 40 people who are alone for the holidays. 
 We are looking forward to being a part of that story.

Then on boxing day we are having friends join us for a few days for some holiday fun.
We are grateful for the time together!

We have no idea what 2016 will hold for us. Maybe some of the
same and yet I know there will always something new.
God continues to work in our lives changing us and molding us into what He is calling us to.

All we know is that God is good and He will provide.

May you be blest knowing His promises to us

He will never leave us, forsake us, He will always guides us,
directs us, and give us hope.
May you know that He will give us a future and meet all our needs.
And may we be comforted in knowing that He will finish the
work that He has started in us.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  from
Mike, Tasha and Hana

Comments

Popular Posts