What are you anxieties today?

As I sit here this morning in  my living room, I need to make a confession.
 
I am anxious.
 
I have been feeling anxious for a few weeks now.
Blame it on the lack of sleep that we have been encountering in the last few weeks, blame it on mosquitos that are outside, blame it on the new rhythm of life, blame it on the fact that in a few days I am off to a new camp - with new people and students and leaders, and just maybe I miss the old.
Blame it on the fact that I will miss my family.
Blame it on too much coffee.
Blame it on a few other personal things we are going through or blame it on the rain.
 
No matter what the blame, the anxiousness is hovering over me like a big dark heavy cloud.
 And I can't breath.
 
Have you every experienced that?
 
What happens when this is going on,  not much gets accomplished but worry and stress.
 
NOT MUCH HAPPENS...
 
As I sit here trying to get my days organized for camp the lessons and the planning,
I am being paralyzed by the feeling of being anxious.
 
Of course the enemy would love nothing more than to hold me back.
 
I am reminded this morning - that I am not really being productive in how I am feeling so I need to wrap my head around all that is new and unfamiliar and hold on to what is familiar.
 
 
My love for God and His promises to me.
 
He will not leave me or forsake me NOW.
 
He has brought me this far and has called me here so all that is
going on will give Him glory if I trust and obey.
 
I believe in truth and what is good and holy.
 
I will not believe or live into the lies.
 
That is my encouragement for you all today.
 
Let go of what is not true and live into what is true.
And if you are not sure what is true
 
Open up  your Bible
 
You are worthy, loved, adopted, accepted, God's child, Justified, bought with a price, a saint, forgiven, complete in Christ, New in Christ, free,
citizen of heaven, 
 and good enough as you are.
 
And that is enough.
 
Let the planning for camp continue.

My favorite place to be with my favorite young people learning about God.
 
It's going to be a great week.
 
And that is the truth.
 
What are your anxieties today?
 Let them go and live into the truth of God's love and mercy.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts