Two Months, Happy Mother’s Day and we found our first tick.


Two Months, Happy Mother’s Day and we found our first tick.

Yes, hard to believe we have been back in Saskatchewan for two months already. Our eight weeks have been so packed with new things it really seems more like it has been eight months.

I’ve attended my first of many I am sure, Wildlife Banquets. This was a banquet where there was more camo than bling bling I can tell you that. I have learned more than I needed to know about fishing laws and hunting rules that I think I can ever use. On the very positive side, I had the best moose and deer sausage that I have ever eaten and the main speaker was one of the Rough Riders players, so the night was a success in my books.

Our little town opened a Corner Gas. And yes, it’s where everyone meets and we find out what is going on. The owners are super friendly, just like everyone else is in town. We have ordered pizza from there, bought chips and pop, really good soft ice cream, pretty decent coffee and yes, gas. Oh and, they have started to sell homemade perogies also. My life is complete, not going to lie. I love the fact I can walk to get ice cream and dinner in less than 10 min. I love the small town feel Norquay has.


We walk to church. How cool is that.  We live two blocks from the church and it has been nice to be so close.  The work here is good. My call to Norquay Covenant church fits.  I love what I do. I love being with the people. Creating a life. Working with students again has been a blessing in our life and being able to be a part of the whole church ministry is the perfect fit for me.
I am blest to be called to serve with Arden here in this community for this season.

My second Mother’s Day just passed. Our world with Hana has changed so much. She is growing so fast. Some days too fast and then others not fast enough ;) Things just change. I see how much she is learning and growing and I am so amazed at how our life has changed and the speed it is going at. She has started soccer. It’s been fun watching her grow and learn and come alive. She loves people and loves being a part of absolutely everything.  She loves going to the parks and having friends over. Our life is so  good and full with her.  Her little personality is not so little anymore.   She has opinions and likes and dislikes and a voice that demands your attention. Yet she is learning to be kind and compassionate and loving.  She is the friendliest little girl, always giving a Hi and good morning to all she meets. She has her own style and rhythm of life already and I love it. We just love her to the moon and back. It’s a good life with our little princess from the East.

It’s been a joy getting to know people.  We have visited a few pretty cool homes that have been in the family for generations. Hana has been playing with sheep and ducks and even had her first horseback ride, which she loved and keeps asking for more horse rides.  I love the fact we live so close to Duck Mountain and other lakes it will be a great summer of exploring and camping.  Mike has gone fishing and golfing and is planning on going on a weekend canoe trip in the next month or so. With all this out door fun we have here, we had forgotten that some of Saskatchewan deals with ticks. Yes…ugh I forgot. And the students remind me every chance they get…with horror stories.  I had a few nights where I could not sleep thinking and freaking about these things crawling on me. It’s been kind of funny to be honest. How I obsess about them. Mike found his first tick on him. And he is still alive. I guess I will get over it, or stay inside till October.

In all of this I am amazed at where we are and how comfortable we feel and what was hard a month ago or even two years ago, seems to have passed, or is not so hard anymore.
Time heals all things.
 God is good and He continues to provide for us in ways we cannot imagine.

It’s the May long weekend. And we have visited, worked, laughed, played and celebrated.
 We are living into the life that God has called us to.
 
Praying that we can all find the life God is calling us to.
It’s a good life.




 

Comments

Popular Posts