In the Midst of it all I am finding myself

We just came back from visiting my mom and sister and her family.
A late Christmas celebration and to be together for the first anniversary of
my dad not being with us any longer.
 
It was a new house - my family decided to all move in together.
It's a nice place with lots of space for them.
I am praying it will eventually feel like home for them all.
 
It was an odd feeling - being in their new place - yet it was OK.
It actually is a good decision for my family.  
 
We moved around a lot growing up and for me it just seemed OK.
 
Sometimes a new start is just the right thing to be able to move on
 
 
Moving around a lot when growing up was a good thing for me I think.
I enjoy people and making new friends.
 
Some of those relationships are still as strong as when I lived there.
Mostly because we are intentional in keeping in contact.
Friendships are important and hard to come by, so we work at it.  
I do have memories of some hard times in school, only one year really though 
Moving in grade 9 in March - it was tough to 'fit' in for 3 months
as we were moving in June to another place.
But I managed. And it helped shaped who I am today.
 
I think of my parents moving from Europe to Canada - not knowing the language
or anything. Having to leave me behind in Europe for 9 months with my grandparents
Must have been a hard thing to do.
 
But I am grateful that they did.
 
They wanted a better life and opportunities for us all .
 
They chose a new start to be able to move on.
 
There is so much life out there - and sometimes when you find yourself "just not sure..."
 
You need to ask yourself,  Is it time to move on?
I am in a new stage of my life
A new baby, new practice and focus in ministry, back to school now,
lots of opportunity to move into the new.
 
And that is a good thing.
 
To be honest I did think a lot would stay the same
 
But nothing is really the same.
I am not the same. And that too is a good thing.
At first I was angry
I wanted to be the same person
I wanted things to stay the same
But now I know...
 
It's hard to let go of what is comfortable and what you know.
Even if that means who you are...
It's hard to understand why things need to change or
why you need to let go.
But in reality things are always changing
around us we just need to embrace it.
 
SO...
 
I have some exciting things I am planning for this year
new hobbies (that includes baby)
new adventures
new ideas to pursue
new challenges
new work
new school
but also some of my old passions and things I loved to be a part of
are coming back to me and that is good too.
It's like in the midst of it all
I am finding myself.

So... My new 'saying' for this year is...
Let it go and move into the new...
 
It's a healthy place to be
Hard...but Healthy
 
 
I am not the same person anymore and that is not a bad thing.
We can't stay the same and think we will grow...
 
So with that comes opportunities to let things go and to also seek out new adventures.
 
New things that God has in store for us.
 
Nothing ever stays the same.
 
And that is OK.
 
Because we are constantly changing and God is constantly shaping our character
we just need to listen and obey
 
so...
 
Let it go...and move into the new!
 
It's pretty liberating and exciting if you just embrace it!
 
And I am starting to understand what that all looks like.
 
And that is a good thing.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts